Delivered by our partners at NITE (National Institute of Teaching and Education).
The international Qualified Teacher Status (iQTS) is a new accreditation issued by the Department for Education (DfE) to enable trainee teachers based outside England to gain qualified teacher status (QTS).
NITE offers two student entry routes to this course – an employed route and a non-employed route which can be undertaken in either the Primary or Secondary age phases.
- 60 master’s level credits
- The option to extend your study to gain a full MA in Education
Who is the course for?
- Employed route – Unqualified teachers or teaching assistants who are/will become employed in a school overseas (i.e., outside England) while undertaking their training. An additional four-week school placement will generally be required.
- Non-employed route – Full-time or part-time students who will be hosted on placement in a school. An additional six-week school placement will generally be required.
How long is the course?
- One academic year
- A part-time study route is available over two years
When does the course start?
The course has 3 start dates each year, they are: